The mining industry covers the extraction of minerals, oils and gas. Workers operate mines, quarries or oil and gas wells. The industry also covers mining support work such as exploration, drilling and oil and gas field support services.
How do I get into the industry?
Some courses in this industry may include:
- Certificate II in Drilling Operations
- Certification II in Underground Coal Mining
- Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- Diploma of Spatial Information Services
Jobs in this industry
Potential jobs may include:
- drillers, miners and shot firers
- geologists, mining engineers and technicians
- truck drivers, bulldozer and excavator operators
- surveyors and cartographers.
To help you find the right location, course and provider, use these filters to refine these results.
Compare the providers available to find the perfect match to how you like to study.
Do you know where or how you would prefer to study?
Are you looking for a particular qualification, course types or an apprenticeship?
How long would you like to spend completing your study?