Are you looking for a fun, dynamic and flexible job in an industry that provides essential services to the community?
Whether you’re plunging into a career in aquatics and recreation or looking for a flexible job to fit around your study or family life, a job as a swimming and water safety teacher offers everything you’re searching for. This fee-free short course will increase your chances of securing a fun, flexible and rewarding role as a swimming and water safety teacher. Dive in today!
- Fee-free courses are available across NSW
- Courses are delivered in a blended format consisting of self-paced online modules and face-to-face training sessions
- Currently employed? You can complete the swimming and water safety teacher course and transition to this flexible and in demand industry
- Please contact the training provider for information on when and how you can enrol and course commencement and completion dates
- Flexible hours: most jobs are casual, which means you aren't bound any permanent hours. This gives you the flexibility to work around study, family or other commitments.
- Job Satisfaction: Being a swimming and water safety teacher will give you many chances to make a positive impact on the lives of others. Teaching a person new skills and watching them develop over time. You could even be teaching our next Olympic Champion!
- Develop your soft skills: The role is dynamic and fast paced and no two days, or lessons are the same. Being a swimming and water safety teacher will give you the chance to develop a range of soft skills including communication, problem solving, adaptability, and time management. In demand skills that can be used in any job, across industries.
- Kick Start your Career: The perfect entry level position into a career in the Aquatics, Recreation and Fitness Industries as a Swimming and Water Safety Teacher.
Loads of diverse Career Opportunities
- Swim school coordinator
- Swim School Manager
- Aquatic and Recreation Centre Manager
- Community and Health Promotions
- Trainer and Assessor
- Sports Coaching
- Customer Experience
- Marketing and more!
- Make a positive impact on your community
- Develop in demand skills that you can take to any job in any industry
- Work across NSW, Australia and even internationally
- Aquatics and Recreation is a fast-paced, dynamic, growing industry.
- Challenging yet rewarding job opportunities
You are eligible to study a fee-free course if you are:
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
No matter who you are, Skills NSW makes it easier to access the training you need to enter this rewarding sector.