This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a defined and limited range of tourism operational skills and basic industry knowledge. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in many tourism and travel industry sectors and for a diverse range of employers including travel agencies, tour wholesalers, tour operators, attractions, cultural and heritage sites, and any small tourism business.
Work could be undertaken in an office environment where the planning of tourism and travel products and services takes place, in the field where products are delivered, or a combination of both.
Possible job titles include:
- documentation clerk for a tour wholesaler or travel agency
- museum attendant
- office assistant for a tour operator
- receptionist and office assistant for a professional conference organiser or event management business
- receptionist and office assistant in a travel agency
- retail sales assistant in an attraction
- ride attendant in an attraction.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.