The MSM30116 Certificate III in Process Manufacturing provides the competencies required by advanced production workers who use a range of equipment and provide support functions directly related to producing products. They would undertake more advanced roles than workers with a Certificate II in Process Manufacturing, working in accordance with operating procedures and applying knowledge to anticipate problems and solve a range of foreseen and unforeseen problems.
This qualification is designed for use across the three process manufacturing sectors:
- chemical, hydrocarbons and oil refining
- plastics, rubber and cablemaking
- manufactured mineral products.
It includes the same range of electives, but with different packaging rules to provide a qualification for workers unable to meet the technical requirements of PMA, PMB or PMC.
This qualification covers:
- production support workers - people working in manufacturing and filling the vital production support roles but who may not have the opportunity to develop competency in sufficient technical units related directly to producing products
- employees who operate across more than one category within process manufacturing or 'specialised processes' and elsewhere when required.