Accommodation and food services
This industry covers short-term accommodation, food and beverages and hospitality services and work. The focus is on giving a good customer experience.
Accommodation workers look after short-term holiday accommodation such as hotels, motels and caravan parks.
Food and beverage workers provide services such as preparation and serving of food and beverages to customers. This service covers businesses like cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars, catering and takeaway food places.
This industry also covers hospitality work in clubs and other social and entertainment facilities.
How do I get into the industry?
Some courses in this industry may include:
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher)
- Certificate III in Events
Jobs in this industry
Potential jobs may include:
- restaurant managers and waitstaff
- hotel managers and housekeepers
- chefs, cooks and kitchenhands
- amusement, fitness and sports centre managers.
To help you find the right location, course and provider, use these filters to refine these results.
Compare the providers available to find the perfect match to how you like to study.
Do you know where or how you would prefer to study?
Are you looking for a particular qualification, course types or an apprenticeship?
How long would you like to spend completing your study?