This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as operators in a food processing environment who have responsibility for overseeing all or part of a processing plant and related equipment. They are required to work autonomously, use judgement, interpret information, and apply solutions to routine and some non-routine problems. They may also take some responsibility for the output of others.
This qualification offers specialisations in:
- Bottling and Packaging
- Dairy Processing (cheese, powder and/or milk)
- Edible Oils (refining or cold pressing edible oils)
- Non-alcoholic Beverages (fruit juice, cordial)
- Pet Food (companion animals)
- Quality (for operator roles)
- Stock Feed (cattle, horses, sheep, pigs, poultry, fish – animals that produce for human consumption).
Users should note there are specialist components that cover the processing of meat and poultry in the AMP Meat Processing Training Package, and specialist components that cover the processing of seafood in the SFI Seafood Industry Training Package.
All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with state/territory food safety, and work health and safety codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.