This qualification describes the skills and knowledge required for individuals working on Country at cultural sites, that may include, land, sea and waterways. Job tasks include researching, investigating, documenting, and maintaining Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural and heritage sites.
Individuals with this qualification work under broad direction in a range of cultural sites work job roles, including:
- rangers (National Park, Discovery, On Country)
- tour guides
- rural fire service field officers
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural sites officers
- local authorities' and/or services' employees
- bushland management officers
- cultural heritage officers
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Land council workers.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.